Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
Life after and before Uni
Happy Birthday Mummy!
Last day of Uni (supposedly)
A letter to dad
Bondi times 2
Should I do it?
Last semester of 3rd year
The cursed month
Wow... too many months ago
Of May babies

Who was here?


19 November 2010
Written at Saturday, January 15, 2011 | back to top

On my 22nd birthday, which is also one day before my flight back to Kuala Lumpur, I had a full day of activities ahead of me.

The morning was spent packing my stuff into boxes to be shipped to storage on the next morning. In the midst of packing, I decided to go for a BBQ lunch at Kingsford. It's a new shop on the street, which offers a buffet style barbecue for a reasonable price. I think it was roughly $19 for all you can eat.




 In the barbecue restaurant. Notice the umbrella beside me.
Yes - It's raining again during by birthday.




The selection of meats and internal organs to be barbecued




After lunch our 2 hour lunch and being stuffed till the maximum, we decided to head home to continue packing our things before we continue our day to our "graduation ceremony:.

At 3.30p.m., I've started putting on make up and dressing up for the event. It's called a "Graduation Sundowner" for graduating international students studying at UNSW. It's the first event of it's kind and we were the first batch to get to experience it. How privileged! :P


Camwhoring in the ASB toilet

At the ASB level 6 lounge with the other international students



While waiting for our graduation photos to be taken, we managed to request the photographer to capture one picture of us together



Finally it's my turn to be a graduate for a few minutes to get my photo snapped


And one more for the two of us together in our gowns!


There were some finger foods served at the event, a live band (which consisted of 1 singer and 1 guitarist) and also some drinks going around - campaign, red wine, beer and orange juice.

We decided to go back home early and headed back at 6.30 p.m.

Had a cake cutting ceremony with my housemates soon after we arrived home


My birthday cake for this year! Looks really good but too sour for my liking. :P



My housemates and me with my birthday cake (except Anoosha who is holding the camera)
 Thanks guys for the cake! Really happy to get to celebrate my birthday with you all. Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule. :)

That was how I spent my birthday this year. It was also my 2nd last day and last night in my home for the past 2 and a half years. I'll be missing unit 3 barker lots!
0 comments