Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
Wow... too many months ago
Of May babies
100th post
Damn you MAS
Ahchooooo....
Sien sien sien
Life
Last day of work, first day of uni
O-Week = O-No More-Holiday-Week!
Egg tarts and DNA??

Who was here?


The cursed month
Written at Sunday, August 8, 2010 | back to top

This is a post that will either make u happy that you don't have bad luck or make u depressed, depends on your optimism. :D

It all started on the day at the airport, time to say good buy to the hot and humid KL and return to the wintery weather of Sydney. Woke up quite early at 6 am to get ready for my 9 am flight. Reached the airport pretty early like around 7.30 am and was greeted with a long long line at the counter.


So I decided to go to the self check in counter but after keying in all the details, I received a message on the screen saying something like "customer check in unsuccessful, please see an agent". In the end, I had to queue up at the counter.

Finally, after nearly 30 mins in the queue, I reached the counter! Only to be told that my flight was OVERBOOKED by 20 seats and I being one of the unlucky ones, will not be able to board the plane! However, since MAS is quite rich, they compensated me by RM400 for the delay and gave me a room in Pan Pacific Hotel to pass the hours until my next flight at 10.10 pm.

So I waited patiently until the 10.10 pm and when I reached the departure gate, I found out that my flight was DELAYED until 11.15 pm... Sigh... I find my experience with MAS to be really bad as this is the 2nd time I've been let down by them. However, there were many customers who were stranded at the airport on that day due to the overbooking of seats, so I didn't feel singled out.

After all the ordeal, I finally got to board my flight and got a very nice seat (thank god). The flight was really smooth and I slept through most of the journey because it was bed time. Haha. Managed to take some pictures on board the plane:

The sun is coming up!

Clear blue sky signals the approach to Sydney

Continuing with the second incident, in the first week of uni, which started one day after I returned, I was having plenty of trouble with my internet - both my Optus wireless broadband which wouldn't give me a stable internet signal and also my uni's LAN line. I went to the IT service desk 3 times to get my internet fixed and at last after 2 weeks of struggling with the internet, I finally have a stable line! During that time I was seriously stressed out with my enrollment problems as I changed my mind at the last minute to drop my Chinese for beginners general education course for something else. The swapping of the course was such a pain as all the courses were filled up by the time and the lousy internet line made matters worse. On top of that, my printer also gave me problems! Luckily all has been settled now and I'm stuck with a Biology gened - god help me!

Third incident and the worst: On a rainy Friday evening on the last day of July, I suddenly felt an urge to watch inception for the second time. So knowing that I will not be able to study if I didn't watch it (as the thought will creep into my mind if I try to do anything else) I decided to go to Eastgardens. Somehow, Kuan Lung knew something was amiss and told me that he did not have a good feeling about me going out that night, however, I dismissed his skepticism and told him all would be safe. So off I went to the bus stop with my friend, walking through uni to the bus stop and chatting happily. The bus came and when I opened my bag - I found my wallet was not in it. I clearly remembered putting my wallet in before going out but it was no where to be found - not on the street, not in my house, not in the bus depots (I called them the first thing on Monday morning). It just vanished! So I had to call up the bank to cancel all my cards - heck, even my Malaysian IC and drivers licence were in there so I was worried sick. Throughout the whole weekend (bear in mind I lost it on Friday night) I had nightmares! 

However all is well now because the bad storm has passed. After calling the bus depots and Malaysian consulate and finding out that police reports here costs AUD70. I went to try my luck at the uni's lost and found with no hope of ever finding my wallet. But just when I was about to give up, the lady at the counter said they actually found a wallet! Haha, that was one of the best feeling in my life to finally be able to see the wallet again and all the cards in it (minus the money and bus tickets). 

So everything is back to normal now and I hope life doesn't change for the worse. Over time we will always meet challenges and obstacles but I guess if you handle them calmly and persistently, everything will be fine in the end.
2 comments