Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
100th post
Damn you MAS
Ahchooooo....
Sien sien sien
Life
Last day of work, first day of uni
O-Week = O-No More-Holiday-Week!
Egg tarts and DNA??
Courteous Customer
2 in one combo

Who was here?


Of May babies
Written at Friday, June 4, 2010 | back to top

Starting from the first to the last celebration in order:

First off the May babies collection is Sara, my previous house mate whom used to stay on the top most floor of my unit. Well, technically it was not her birthday that day so it was a belated birthday celebration. 


Sara and her half ruined birthday cake 

The girls decided to go for pizza at Arthur's Pizza down at the spot. I'm no big fan of pizza but my taste buds are evolving to be on friendlier terms with the Italian tastes (refer to previous post :P).



One of the 3 pizzas we ordered that day

Caesar Salad without bacon

Some imported soft drinks - Aranciata and blood orage

The waiter (or head waiter?) of the pizza place was kinda annoying with his sarcasm. I guess he thinks he's funny as he kept on cracking sarcastic jokes which made the environment uneasy. Actually we wanted to have the cake cutting ceremony at the pizza joint but with THAT attitude, the waiter managed to scare us away. Haha. That explains Sara's mangled cake because we transported the cake there and back - so it got tossed and turned too much.

Next stop: Connie's surprise birthday party.


Connie and her cake. I actually wrote the "Happy B'day" on the cake 
(or rather a transparency slide) because the Cheesecake shop did not have the service 

Connie's birthday was one of the best parties every because we nearly made her cry. Well, technically again, it was not her birthday on that day, her birthday is on the 22nd of May, a day before the celebration.

I honestly did not know that it was Connie's birthday until Pom told me. So we planned a surprise birthday party right at our home by deciding to order home delivered Vietnamese/Thai food from Dalat Randwick. You know, the great thing about Sydney is that you can order delivery for many kinds of cuisines right to your doorstep - unlike Malaysia where you can only get McD or PizzaHut to your door. 

Although the celebration was not 100% a success because Connie came before the food, we still had great fun cos she was so happy and touched. :)

 Everyone except Anoosha with the B'day cake- Notice how Connie placed 2, 3, and 1 to make 24 cos we had limited number of candles in our house (yes, we recycle b'day candles, LOL)


Close up of the cake so that you can see my beautiful writing

Yilyn's celebration last Saturday follows the May birthday roll. She organised her own birthday celebration and even bought her own cake which was hilarious. However, the atmosphere was a bit odd because she had 2 different group of friends on the same table - Uni mates from UniSyd and Malaysian Hall friends. All in all, it was a good dinner and I was stuffed to the max on that night.


Birthday girl and me at Hanabi Korean/Japanese Restaurant


Delicious pork belly (although a bit too much porky smell)


HUMONGOUS hot pot - I nearly died trying to finish it


Digging in! (notice that we also ordered the Korean seafood pancake on the right)

We shared all those food plus the pan-chans (not shown) among 3 girls only because the other side of the table ordered their own portion of grub. In the end we decided to take away the leftovers. Haha, talk about being cheap-O students. 

Last but not least, Theresa's big day!

VIP with cake - sorry, no better picture so have to choose one with her eyes closed

This time, it was all Yin Kia's friends from NICTA whom she knows by doing her PhD research. So, again, I had no clue who they where. However, Yilyn was also there so that made it easier to blend into the group. Also, they were all very nice people and really friendly so it was a good way to know new people albeit very awkwardly because of the environment (it was very noisy so we had to shout to communicate to the other side of the table - no manners :P)

Guess what is this - rendang? pork? beef?

Interesting dish, looks like tofu but it's not really a tofu

Yummy yummy - my favourite dish of the day, bamboo chicken if I'm not mistaken

Okay, those are only some of the dishes that we had from the restaurant, Taste of Shanghai. The food there is recommendable but the wait staff was kinda rude and had that "I'm sick of my job" look on their face. However, they did accommodate us for nearly 2 hours I think.


Everyone who attended that day with the b'day girl

To tell you the truth, we celebrated everyone's birthday not on the their birthday but either earlier or later than the actual days. Kinda funny but I guess it's more convenient to have celebrations on weekends rather than on weekdays when everyone is busy.

On another note, it's sad to see that our group of friends from Malaysia Hall is shrinking by the semester. For the latter two celebrations, only Yilyn, Yinkia and me attended the parties. :'(

Hopefully everyone enjoyed their respective celebrations. I and also my tummy certainly have! (but my wallet did not - I'm going to file for bankruptcy now. Hahaha)
1 comments