Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
A letter to dad
Bondi times 2
Should I do it?
Last semester of 3rd year
The cursed month
Wow... too many months ago
Of May babies
100th post
Damn you MAS
Ahchooooo....

Who was here?


Last day of Uni (supposedly)
Written at Friday, October 22, 2010 | back to top

Today marks the last day that I attend classes in my undergraduate degree. 3 years of Uni has passed in a flash. I still remember the first day of classes - rushing to Uni from Malaysia Hall, being all nervous and overwhelmed by the number of lecture theaters on Campus.

My first subject in UNSW was "Legal environment of commerce" which is a business law subject. I remember clearly that I went to the right lecture theater - Biomed D, on upper campus as per my timetable. However, there were less than 20 people in the lecture theater and the lecturer did not show up, even after 30 mins! So, we seriously had the wrong venue printed on the timetable. So we rushed to the right venue - which someone mentioned was the science theater. Following 2 second year students (who actually don't really know the campus THAT well), all of us made our way to middle campus only to get lost! At last, we managed to find the place after looking at maps of the campus and asking around. *phew*. Then another challenge came, how to find seats in the already filled up lecture theater? So we all ended up huddled together, sitting on the stairs till the first break was given. I was so exhausted throughout the lecture that when I finally found a proper seat, I dozed off,  halfway through the 2nd half of the lecture. Such a memorable first day of uni, I don't think I will every forget it. Hahaha.

My very last subject was Management Accounting 2 seminar for honours students. A boring subject and not-so-useful seminar as nothing from the seminar will be tested in the finals. Nonetheless, I still went, and I still read the materials in order not to disappoint the seminar leader - see, what a good student I am, so keen on learning. :P Today also marks the end of my busiest semester throughout the whole course of studies, for once in my degree, I have 16 hours of classes per week instead of the normal 12 hours a week for commerce students (yes, commerce students only have 12 hours a week of classes, don't kill me out of jealousy). However, on top of the 16 hours, I have another 3 hours worth of leading PASS classes. What's PASS?

For those who have no idea what PASS is, it is a Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS) where one PASS leader helps first year undergraduate students to understand certain uni subjects and also adjust to uni life. It's somewhat like coaching/tuition where students can voluntarily come to the classes if they need extra help on certain topics. Okay, so now you have a background on what my "work" encompasses.

The reason why I mentioned PASS is because last Wednesday marked my last day as a PASS leader. Being a PASS leader was really really really rewarding. It made me grow in many ways: I've gained so much more confidence in myself compared to when I first entered Uni, I've learnt how to organize my time effectively between studying, preparing & teaching and I now what it feels like to help someone to finally understand accounting. Not to mention, my wallet has grown a bit too since I've started being a PASS leader. It's a wonderful feeling to be appreciated by people whom you have helped and I also got a round of applause at the end of one of my classes. Boy, that made my day. Hahaha. I guess the first years will never know that they helped me a lot too in classes and for that, I am also grateful to them. :D



However, this may not be the last year for my undergraduate degree. I probably will extend my studies for 1 more year! So be prepared to hear me rant all about my honours year. Haha. But still, after the final exams in November, I can safely say that I have already obtained my degree!
0 comments