Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
Should I do it?
Last semester of 3rd year
The cursed month
Wow... too many months ago
Of May babies
100th post
Damn you MAS
Ahchooooo....
Sien sien sien
Life

Who was here?


Bondi times 2
Written at Monday, September 6, 2010 | back to top

Fun day out today to Bondi Junction and Bondi Beach! Went to catch a movie at the Event cinema earlier today and watched "Going the Distance".


Below is a summary for the storyline from IMDb

"Garrett (Justin Long) has always had a problem with commitment and understanding what women want. He seems to be doing everything right until he learns the hard way that he cannot speak the female language when his girlfriend drops him. That night, his friends want to brighten up his spirits by taking him to a bar. He meets Erin (Drew Barrymore) playing a game and ends up buying her a beer, then winning at bar trivia, and having breakfast with her the next morning. Erin is only in New York City for the summer, and will be returning to grad school in San Francisco in six weeks. They start a no-strings-attached summer fling relationship that turns into a seriously meaningful love affair. They realized that they were meant for each other, but when Erin returns home, will their love survive the distance, between New York City and San Francisco? Douglas Young (the-movie-guy)"


The show is HILARIOUS - couldn't contain my laughter at some parts even though there were only 5 of us (4 strangers besides me) in the cinema. All of us burst out laughing during some of the funny scenes. However, the show doesn't really depict much about LDR. But I could relate to some parts on some level. :D


Continued my day out to Bondi Beach to have a taste of "fried mars bar" and "chiko roll". For those of you who doesn't know what the hell is chiko roll (I didn't either until I watched Master Chef Australia season 2) it's an Australian food icon. 




Deep fried - calorie rich - Mars bar coated in icing sugar

Half eaten


Chiko roll - looks like a dog bone

Half eaten chiko roll

The verdict: The Mars bar was yummy although really filling and "jelak" after some time while the chiko roll was really nothing to shout about as it tasted awfully bland.


The rest of the day was spent walking around the beach and playing with sand. Met a gay guy today because he asked me to take a picture of him with the beach but then proceeded to show me his other pictures of him wearing a bra and g-string, so I quickly excused myself as soon a possible. Not that I have anything against gays but that was just plain awkward. Heck, he even told me that he wears a g-string to the beach. :S


Me and Candy


A random sea thing on the beach


A random shot of me trying to take a random shot of the random sea thing


Cute couple on the right, making out couple on the left

Surfing Mickey and happy Felix

Happy mid-semester break!
0 comments