Hi! Welcome to hweifern.blogspot.com, a place where I express myself!
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. Before anything else
please follow these rules : No ripping, spamming, and any type of childish acts. Respect is a must. Enjoy your stay and have fun!
Navigations

Blog Links Credits
I am ME
I'm just a simple girl trying to explore the world and jotting down my experiences in this blog

Ads from Nuffnang
Tagboard

Archives


Recent Posts
O-Week = O-No More-Holiday-Week!
Egg tarts and DNA??
Courteous Customer
2 in one combo
Too tired to blog
Bye bye Wee and Chan Kit!
Missing in action again!
Feeling blue
Birthday Celebration - 26th November
What have I been up to recently?

Who was here?


Last day of work, first day of uni
Written at Monday, March 1, 2010 | back to top

The title describes it all actually. But I'll go into more details.

Sunday was the last day of work for me. No more serving crabby customers or putting up with missing money and making wrong orders. Happy happy! At the same time, it feels a bit weird because I'm no longer working, so I have more idle time and energy. Feels less stressed up to get stuff done - especially study.

On the last day of work, I was exceptionally happy, smiling and talking to customers like long lost friends. Haha, maybe it's my last shift so I felt that I needed to be on my best behaviour and not make anyone unhappy. Even at the busiest hour (27 drinks in a row to be served) I managed to smile and greet every customer happily. My last drink of the day is a special peach green tea blended ice created by yours truly. LOL! Own secret recipe. The one thing I'll miss the most about working is drinking for free! Sigh, I guess I have to buy my milk teas from now on...

Today marks the first day of uni, and boy it's a seriously tiring day. Woke up at 7.30 a.m., which is the earliest that I've every woken up before! And I quickly rushed to the library to grab some books before they get nabbed by someone else. Then quickly rushed to the lecture only to find that I was one of the earliest ones there. So I managed to grab a good seat and listen to the lecture attentively because I am really interested to learn Chinese! Finally, dream come true... But with the dream, there comes a price, I had to re-enroll into another stream because of some technicality of the class division and that made me run up and down the library and Morven Brown building for an hour trying to get the thing sorted.

Besides attending my sole lecture of the day, I had to buy my second hand text book, sort out some internet stuff, report a broken stove, fixed up the set-top box for the TV and moved a TV from Candy's unit to my house. Phew~ tired!

That marks the first day of the semester! Hope that tomorrow would have less "exercise" so that I can get my dose of real exercise in the gym!
0 comments